A brand new release of TaskRay is here with several exciting new features. The biggest change you will notice in TaskRay is that Topics will now replace Tags.
With the introduction of Topics on Records in the Salesforce Spring '14 release and the fact that new Salesforce orgs are no longer provided with Tags as a feature, TaskRay will no longer support Tags and use Topics instead.
Our new release includes an easy tag to topic migration tool to help you quickly transition over, as noted in our post install instructions here.
Similar to Tags, Topics will show on the front of your Task Cards and are filterable. Unlike Tags, Topics can also be filtered on Salesforce list views and allow for limited reporting. You can also easily search for Topics from the Chatter tab to quickly find related tasks and projects. For reference here's a quick Salesforce video overview of Chatter Topics.
This release will be available on the following dates:
- Friday, September 5: Direct Install Link available
- Saturday, September 13: Automatic upgrade to Sandbox
- Saturday, September 20: Automatic upgrade to Production
- Saturday, October 18: Available on AppExchange
Other highlights of this release include:
Task Card Labels
Color-coded labels for any standard or custom field can be applied to the top of the task card using the new Task Card Labels Field Set. An overview of this can be seen in the TaskRay User Guide.
You can now mass add or remove project contributors. A new wand icon located on the project side bar allows you to quickly add or remove contributors to numerous projects at once - perfect for when you have a new member join your team.
Task and Project Details
Chatter, Details, and Checklists are now separated into sub-tabs inside the Task/Project. We have even introduced a new one-click action to open the Chatter feed directly from the task card!
Here are some highlights of enhancements we are delivering in this release. For a full list of features and bug fixes, check out our release notes page.
- Tablets: Option to select Salesforce1 TaskRay Mobile app or TaskRay board in browser.
- Project Clone: Ability to define new sub-project names, start and end dates during project clone.
- Project Delete: Added sub-project delete option.
- Project Archive: Added sub-project archive option.
- Project Archive: Clicking on Archive checkbox in Salesforce UI will trigger related task archive.
- Chat Bubble: Clicking on Chatter icon opens the Chatter feed.
- URL Parameter: Added showmodal=false parameter option for project and task navigation URLs.
- Sub-Project: New sub-project option inherits the parent project contributors and Chatter group connections on create.
- Project Link: Clicking the Project Name on the Task Card opens the Project Details.
- Task Archive: Confirmation dialog added to last column archive.
- Advanced Customization: Global custom setting to store css static resource file.
- Chatter Feed: Project Name added to Task Chatter feed in the TaskRay project sidebar.
- User Preferences: Added admin panel.
- Sort Order: Reverted back to whole number (no decimals).
- Hierarchy Collapse: Last state of hierarchy collapse or expansion honored.
- Filter: Find and filters are now case insensitive.
- Home Page: Advance was acting as complete, now advances to the next list value.
- Files: Sidebar display limited to most recent 100 files.
- TaskRay Tasks & TaskRay Projects: TaskRay Tab now highlights when View in TaskRay button is clicked in standard Salesforce interface.